Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Most Amazing Musical Experience of My Life

Tonight was my final choral concert for the semester. It was possibly my last, I am not sure yet if my schedule will allow it in the fall. (I cried a lot during our performance and I wasn't the only one.)
So. . . . today during rehearsal I had a poor attitude. I rebuked someone. I don't even remember thinking in my head, "Turn around and tell that girl to quit singing when the men are." I later apologized, but, it did solve the problem. You know your day isn't going to go smoothly when you wake up cranky.
I was so exhausted from 2 hours of rehearsal, I really didn't think tonight was going to go well. BOY WAS I WRONG! I don't know what happened; both choirs were angelic and full of emotion and feeling. I have been singing in these choirs for 7 years and I have never had such a spiritual and sacred experience. This is a day that I will never forget. I am planning on purchasing the CD and will post some songs when I receive it.

2 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

That's awesome! I really miss being in choir there. I had a hard time getting through my last concert, too.

Taralyn said...

I wish I could've heard it. Moving on from there is SO HARD! I miss it all the time.